Saturday, 25 August 2012

Here we are!  The quilt I spent almost 2 years making, called 'Seeing Stars'.  I only finally managed to label it for our quilting group's exhibition this spring, about a year after we started using it.  We used it as a proper bed quilt, washing it regularly (the dog likes getting on the bed with muddy feet and a pet stone to chew on so it gets pretty dirty!). 



Trouble was, as soon as I washed it 'one last time', suddenly the colours started to run.  The gorgeous turquoise in between all the stars.  Right next to the white fabric.

I guess I'm learning.  Should have put them next to each other without washing it and testing it.  Oops.

I didn't do any fancy quilting on this one either - too scared to do anything like that on my first quilt, especially a King sized one!  Maybe one day I'll improve on it.

By the way, I found a picture of the pattern online while looking for inspiration, so if you designed this, please let me know and I will be happy to attribute you.