Monday 27 August 2012

Fallen at the first hurdle.

I failed.  At least at trying to do Leah Day's UFO Sunday for the first time.  I didn't even manage to get into the sewing room let alone work on a UFO!

But this morning I have been in there and pulled out my most prominent UFO - "Treasure Box Quilt" by Edita Sitar for Moda.  I found the pattern online for free but I'm afraid I can't find it again.
Anyway, here's a photo of what it should be like





And here is  what mine currently looks like...


 Nicely finished blocks that have been waiting for me to decide what to do with them.  Of course I like random, so I want to ensure that they are placed as randomly as possible (random in the sense that they won't be next to any of their own colour, which isn't actually random at all) so I keep placing them on the bed, looking at them and putting them away again. 

My goal for the day is to start putting them together.  Wish me luck!


While I was looking for that UFO, I came across a couple of other things.  The first one is a postcard that I created as part of a quilt group challenge to do something around the time of Wimbledon last year.  The second is another challenge, this time with the Olympics in mind - using the colours and the circle theme - I called this 'Giving the drunkard a sporting chance'.  This was my first drunkards path experience and I have to say I didn't like it.  I enjoyed the quilting part of it much more than the piecing.  I'm afraid these are bad phone photos, but I'll get new ones put up eventually.


This last one is a sneak preview of the back of the quilt I am currently working on.  It's Julie Coney's Mystery Quilt (Copyright) and I may or may not post a full picture depending on what Julie would like me to do, but it's also my first large scale free motion quilting project, so I'm learning how awkward it is to quilt with a machine that is on top of the table rather than in it...



No comments:

Post a Comment