Sunday 7 October 2012

UFO Sunday...

This week I'm not sure what I have now that is a UFO and what is a work in progress.  

I have one definite UFO, Julie's mystery quilt, which I started quilting and then for some reason stopped.  I bought some beautiful binding to use, and it's all planned in my head but I can't get the courage to do it.  No, I know.  I can't be bothered to clear the kitchen table so I have the room to quilt...  So I do other things instead.  

Then there's the Treasure Box quilt that I have made the binding and backing extender for.  I've got to actually spread it out and measure and work out how much of it I need to put on the back, maybe put some border on the front first.  I know what's wrong with that - I hate measuring and working stuff out.  So as well as not having a space to lay it out, I also don't want to have to do the accurate stuff.  

So I hide away doing my favourite thing - sewing tiny little scraps together to make bigger scraps, that will eventually be turned into a lap quilt for my neighbour.  Well, at least it's an actual project, not wasting time eh?
 There's a couple of rather large piles, so I'm doing well. and it'll look amazing, but it's not a UFO really, although Donna has been waiting for it for quite a while.

But this afternoon I took some time off from worrying about my house and how messy it is and how much I should be doing to go and see my mum and her new kitten.  She's called Truffle.  All together now, aaaaaaah!  She's 9 weeks old and very happy to curl up and sleep, although mum said that she was haring around killing a ball of wool just before I turned up.  She's so cute!!



 She fell asleep while killing this glove, which was helped by Chris (my step-dad) stroking her on the forehead - she just closed her eyes and went so still I thought there was something wrong for a second!!



This post is linked here...
UFO Sundays on the Free Motion Quilting Project

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I had things to say about your quilts and then got blinded by the cuteness of your kitten! Oh yes, I love your colorful scraps made from smaller scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! and yes, she is distracting isn't she?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ADORABLE... oh I love kittens! I feel your quilty pain... LOL. If I finished 1/3 of the projects I start I'd be overjoyed ;-) Keep trying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your idea for the scraps they look great already x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like crumb quilts too. I'm teaching the granddaughters, both aged 7 to sew and one of my ideas for them was to cut strips for them, then let them dig through the scraps to sew to the strips, cut apart, sew again, etc, until they have enough for a pillow for themselves or a bag or something. Their seam allowances aren't even at this point so crumbs seem like a good option! It is addicting, though, isn't it!

    ReplyDelete