Sunday 21 October 2012

Advice needed. Life crisis ahoy!

Aaargh! My brain is melting.

I'm currently trying to decide whether to change my life completely, and if so, how. 
I spent a long time trying to work this out last summer and came to a conclusion.  I want to teach primary school.  So I did the research and it turned out that as I already have a degree, I could do a one year course to get the qualification, while still getting paid to work as I trained.
Perfect right?

I called up the local education provider and they advised me to get some experience and call back in October to start applying, as applications opened in January for a September start.  OK, I thought.  If I have to volunteer before the course starts then I've ample time. So I arranged with my local junior school to go in one day a week as that was all I could afford to drop my work hours by.  The class I have been put with is hard work and I was beginning to realise why they want classroom experience before application. I almost re-thought it last week. 

So I went onto the teaching website to get the number to call to get the ball rolling, only to find that the course is being discontinued by the government and last applications were accepted at the beginning if the month.

There is another course to replace it but the requirement is a higher degree result than I got and now I really am re-thinking whether i want to do it.  If I am going to go through it all, why not do something I know about and learn to be a textiles teacher instead? But that involves teaching adolescents and I'm not so sure I want to do that.  Also, it would mean teaching more than one subject in all probability, as I don't think Textiles is a very popular course around here.

And to top it all, I want a baby.  Well, we want one.  We've been trying for a while but keep miscarrying so even if I go for the course, the baby takes priority if it actually happens.
So my brain is fried.  I don't know what to do.
Does anyone out there teach, and have any advice?? Help!

No comments:

Post a Comment