Monday 25 February 2013

Block of the month, number 1

This week, I have done nothing.  Apart from swelter...  


I spent the week vising my sister-in-law in Mozambique, during the hot, wet season (summer's not really the right word for it, winter doesn't really get very much colder, just drier).  So in anticipation of my bi-weekly quilting meet at the Aldington Corner Quilters, I have finally got round to doing the first block in our BOTM series.  It's an interesting one, definitely.  They are being designed by my very good friend Julie Coney, and everyone else managed to do it for the last meeting, but I never got round to asking her for the pattern - there weren't quite enough printouts, so she promised to email it.  Guess who never remembered to send it or ask for it??  So I asked tonight and finally sat down to do some sewing after a good hour trying to sort my room out after getting it into a blooming good mess these last 2 weeks.

So I cut out all my pieces.  Very carefully, because I'd been told there are some corners to keep sharp.  I'm not usually that good at sharp corners, but something about the way Julie says it makes me very careful.  Or is it that she would kill me if it turned out badly? hehe.
But it didn't!  Here it is!  Hopefully I have enough fabric of the right colours and matching ones to make a nice quilt....
  
 And now to do something with my random pack of squares that I won from Quilty Magee...  I've found some great solids and a couple of other patterns to add to it to make something.  No idea what still, but at least I'm getting there with thinking about it now...  Watch this space!








No comments:

Post a Comment